A TiCN Thin Film Coating
SurfTech 6012 Series is a TiCN coating that is applied by a PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) process at temperatures BELOW 200°F. The thickness of the coating is (2 – 4 µm) or approximately .0001 – .0002. The thin uniform nature of SurfTech® coatings allows exact duplication of the surface finish and will not alter the dimensional integrity .
The SurfTech 6012 coating hardness is (2800 Knoop) harder than TiN and has excellent lubricity. Although the coating performs well in most applications, it has had its most success in slightly abrasive and or gummy materials, like cast iron and brass.
- Type of Process: PVDI (Physical Vapor Deposition, Ion Assisted)
- Coating Structure: Single (Mono)
- Coloration of coating: Dark Grey/Blue/Black
- Thickness of coating: 2 – 4 microns
- Hardness of coating: 2800 (Knoop)
- Coefficient of Friction: 0.6
Depending on your particular application and/or requirements, SurfTech® has a coating to meet your needs.
Call our Sales Department to discuss your particular application and they will suggest the best coating to meet your needs.